Services We Provide
The Centre for Behavioural Studies provides direct intervention services for individuals and groups. While some services are delivered in schools, homes, or daycares, most services are provided at the Centre on the St. Lawrence College’s Kingston campus in the Newcourt House Building. We have paid parking available and our building is fully accessible.
Due to current limited space for our services, we will contact families based on date of referral and the specific service offered at the time. We offer group and individual services. Please feel free to complete the form indicating your interest in services and we will contact families as relevant services are available for registration. We encourage families to contact Autism Ontario for information about autism services. We also have a list of agencies in our region that offer services that may be of interest to families.
- We work with families to provide professional services and to ensure the maintenance of progress made during the period of therapy at CBS. Families have an important role in supporting and encouraging ongoing learning for their children.
- Our services are intended to achieve specific goals over a defined period, generally twelve weeks or less.
- We will meet with you to determine the service that is clinically relevant for your child.
- We will explain our processes in the beginning, middle and end of the period of service.
- The period for therapy will vary based on the goals identified with you and our clinicians.
- We set a date for the end of a period of service so we can work together to help maintain the child’s progress after the ongoing therapy.
- We will provide you with a schedule of therapy hours per week.
- We will clearly explain our assessment and therapy processes, and your role.
- We will set goals for the therapy period, and additional periods as planned.
- Fees will be collected prior to the start of each service period and our refund policy will be explained.
The Centre is located at the corner of King Street and Country Club Drive, across from Providence Care Hospital. The civic address is 21 Country Club Rd., while our mailing address is 100 Portsmouth Ave., Kingston, ON.
The Centre for Behavioural Studies is a teaching facility and therefore students will be involved in the programming that is offered at the Centre under the supervision of qualified staff clinicians. The Centre staff include Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA), and Therapists. Other Health professionals may provide supervision to staff as required. All of our staff are subject to the ethics, confidentiality, and codes of conduct set out by their professional associations and by St. Lawrence College.
All staff and students at the Centre are committed to the principles of applied behaviour analysis (ABA) and evidence-based practices. Our goal is to help each individual reach their goals.